For Prospective Surrogates
|It is a very special woman who desires to help a couple achieve their dream of a child. It takes a real commitment and devotion of time and caring. Many times it also involves the lives of the participant's family as well. Although a surrogate is compensated for her time and service, there is usually more than a monetary motivation to her desire. It is a very loving, caring woman who chooses to offer this gift.
At SSA we put a strong emphasis on an appropriate match. A surrogate has a lot of input on the type of couple with whom she would like to work. Her values and philosophies are very important. A surrogate would not be asked to agree to something with which she is uncomfortable. SSA does not arrange traditional surrogate arrangements. The baby you carry will not be biologically connected to you. If a woman cannot produce her own eggs, an egg donor will be arranged.
Full legal protection is offered to both the couple and the surrogate. Although the SSA attorney will provide legal counsel and explanation of the contract to the surrogate and her husband, a first time surrogate will carry the contract to an independent attorney of her choice.
The first step is to contact the office to speak with a counselor or fill out our brief qualifying questionnaire by clicking here or below. If qualified, you will receive a full application packet by email or mail. If near one of our local offices, you will be asked to schedule an interview. If not, you will be asked to return the application and a counselor will call you for phone interview. You will be asked to take a psychological assessment on that day or schedule a second appointment for testing.
As in all of our arrangements, your comfort and care is of the utmost importance to us. For further information, please contact the office:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 713.952.4772 Houston
- 214.752.4772 Dallas
- 404.320.3100 Atlanta
- 800 718.0602 All Other Areas
For a surrogate to be accepted in the program, she must:
- Pass an initial phone screening or fill out our brief online application by clicking here.
- Pass a personal interview.
- Be able to demonstrate life stability.
- Complete a 15-page application and background questionnaire.
- Fall within the normal range of the MMP1-2.
- Have an average to high average quality of life.
- Pass a criminal/civil background check.
- Have full emotional support of her husband, if married, or some form of emotional support.
- Fall between the ages of 21 to 37.
- Have some visible means of financial support/not currently receiving public support.
- Have already successfully given birth to at least one child.
- Pass a clinical interview by an SSA licensed professional counselor or licensed mental heath professional.
- Have had no body piercing or tatoos within the past year.
Here's additional information for surrogates: